Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh my goodness, abstraction!


So I don't usually paint abstract. In fact I think this is the first time I have ever gone completely non-objective. I thought for a really long time about this painting before I started it because I was so nervous. I eventually decided to pick a simple color palette ahead of time and to do a repeating pattern. The only thing that really stuck from my first ideas was the palette, when I started actually painting it wasn't going as I wanted and I eventually got to the "fuck this" stage and just started doing whatever I thought might look cool. Which I think is the problem with a lot of abstract painting, since it is all arbitrary people go too crazy and it ends up being a big mess. I really like how mine turned out, though! Actually, it makes me smile when I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment