Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Silly Me

So this summer while I was on my fabulously fun fellowship across the pond, I attended a two day course at the Royal School of Needlework in London. The school is actually in Hampton Court Palace (so cool) and they offer a certificate and diploma program, as well as a degree program now. I can't believe I forgot that after my class I had decided pursuing embroidery as a career could be super duper great. They teach very specific and historical methods, meaning I would have a highly specialized skill not possessed by most people. I am going to email and ask some questions about careers, but the RSN is sometimes commissioned by the royal family, and I'm sure museums etc. Maybe I could work on historically accurate costumes, or repairing things for a museum. Also I would get to live in London for a bit, the program is really short (less than a year.) This kind of career would be great, too since it wouldn't suck away too much of my creativity and energy for paintings and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment