Wednesday, January 5, 2011

final painting project '10

This project was supposed to revisit our first one, and the theme of exile, but we were supposed to work towards abstraction. I decided since I have trouble abstracting, mainly because I overwork, that I would do multiple small pieces and have a time limit. This worked okay for some of them and not so much for a finished project being that each panel has a figure, not really lending to a feeling of exile. oops. It's not a total loss, I really do like some of them. Mainly the ones I spent about 20 minutes on. The last picture is my studio just to show you how big the pieces are in relation to one another. The full abstract piece is 3x3' which was the smallest we could make anything, unless the total square feet added up to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment